Village of Rowlett Downtown
The Village of Rowlett Downtown is experiencing a renaissance. Steeped in history, the area was once located on the historic Bankhead Highway - the first all-weather transcontinental highway. Through its planning efforts, the City of Rowlett set out to maintain an organic feel to downtown, embracing its history while creating an urban environment. Rowlett was also one of the original Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) member cities and opened its first station in 2012 on the Blue Line, providing an optimal location for urban transit-oriented developments.
Village of Rowlett Downtown provides traffic and a built in population base of residential, government, and commercial uses including:
- City Hall and other municipal offices
- Village of Rowlett Apartments - 249 residential units and 17,000 square feet of commercial space
- DART Downtown Rowlett Station - 750 parking spaces (90% full everyday)
- Close proximity to Coyle Middle School, Stephens Elementary School, and Rowlett High School
- Current businesses like Bankhead Brewing Co., Girlfriends Boutique, Main Street Cigar Company, and more
New businesses include Book Club Cafe and Lexie's Boutique and Dos Chavos are coming soon. The City begins reconstruction of Main Street between the Roundabout and the President George Bush Turnpike Spring 2019. The project includes rebuilding the street, sidewalks, curbs, drainage systems, landscaping, and lighting.