Why Choose The Village of Rowlett Downtown?
The Village of Rowlett Downtown is seeing a renaissance of sorts. Steeped in history, the area was once located on the historic Bankhead Highway—the first all-weather transcontinental highway. Through its planning efforts, the City of Rowlett set out to maintain an organic feel to downtown, embracing its history while creating an urban environment. Rowlett was also one of the original Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) member cities and opened its first station in 2012 on the Blue Line, providing an optimal location for urban transit-oriented developments.
The Village of Rowlett Downtown has available tracts and buildings for new businesses. For more information please contact Joey Grisham at 972-412-6193.
The Village of Rowlett Downtown provides traffic and a built in population base of residential, government, and commercial uses including:
- City Hall and other municipal offices
- New Village of Rowlett Apartments—249 residential units and 17,000 square feet of commercial space
- DART Downtown Rowlett Station—750 parking spaces (90% full everyday)
- Close proximity to Coyle Middle School, Stephens Elementary School, and Rowlett High School
- Current businesses like Bankhead Brewing Co., Farmhouse Living, and Girlfriends
- Several events take place in the Downtown area throughout the year
Over the past year, several new businesses and developments opened up in the Village of Rowlett Downtown including the Village of Rowlett Apartments, Bankhead Brewing Company, Farmhouse Living, and Girlfriends. Several more tenants are expected to be announced in the coming months. The City will also begin reconstruction of Main Street between the Roundabout and the President George Bush Turnpike in late 2018. This project includes rebuilding the street, sidewalks, curbs, drainage systems, landscaping, and lighting.
Follow us on social media to see updated events and news.